The CSG will be having its next meeting immediately prior to Cycad 2015, the 10th International Conference on Cycad Biology which will be hosted in Medellín, Colombia. The CSG meeting will take place on August 15th and 16th (2015) and will include a Red Listing Workshop to update the conservation status of cycads for the IUCN Red List of Threatened Species.
Preliminary Meeting Agenda
August 15. Meeting at the Medellín Planetarium, from 9 am to 6 pm.
- Meet at Plaza Rosa Hotel after breakfast
- 8:30 am – Bus departs to Medellín Planetarium
- 9:00 am – CSG meeting begins
- CSG business, including agenda items from members
- Group photo
- Visit to Explora Park Aquarium (45 minutes)
- Refresher on Red List requirements (specific concerns / issues for cycads)
- Introduction / refresher on the SIS online system (training)
- 6 pm – CSG meeting ends, bus departs to Plaza Rosa Hotel
- Group dinner
August 16. Meeting at Plaza Rosa Hotel, from 8:30 am to 6 pm.
- Meet after breakfast at Plaza Rosa Hotel
- Red listing: priority on newly described taxa
- Lunch at Plaza Rosa Hotel
- Continue with Red Listing until mid-afternoon (or as long as necessary)
- 4:20 to 5 pm: Cycad 2015 Conference: Buses depart to Medellín Botanical Garden for garden tours and Welcome reception and banquet
- 6 pm: Cycad 2015 Conference: Welcome reception and banquet